Join the UKTC’s mailing list to be notified about our conferences and events, and new resources.
Childhood trauma, the brain and the social world
In this guide, we share some of the latest research looking at how brain changes following trauma can affect a child’s social world. We consider how adults and systems can help build a better social world.
- Why is the social world key to everyone’s mental health?
- How trauma can impact a child’s social world
- Two pathways to mental health problems
- The role of the brain in building our social world
- What can we do to help children build a more supportive social world?
- Deep dive: The importance of trust
- FURTHER READING